Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Fly With Me" Performed By Timo



The first half of this video shows you Timothy's persistence as he practices adding a newly learned left hand part. The second half shows his persistence and dedication to get it right.

The other day, he was listening to "Fly With Me" by Jonas Brothers and playing along with the right hand part. He came to the first little change in the chord pattern (the last part he plays in this video) and didn't know where to go because I hadn't taught it to him yet. Eventually he figured it out as he listened. I went to the tutorial I had found on YouTube and he was doing it right. It's pretty simple, but it surprised me coming from a 6 year old.

I taught him the left hand part, and told him he could add it when he felt comfortable. Again, to my surprise, as days went by he began to actually add it. The last week or so, every time he passes the piano, he has to take a few minutes to practice. As you can see, it's paying off. It can be a bit of a distraction when we ask him to go brush his teeth or get his pajamas on. :)

By the way, yesterday (10/18/09) when Sarah was practicing the piano, Timothy was trying to play too. I asked him if he liked it when Anna Bella played while he was trying to practice. He said "no." So, I said "you probably shouldn't play when mom is practicing then." He then said, "but I love to play the piano so much!"

1 comment:

coriconnors said...

Oh my Goodness, that boy is dripping with music! Of course we've known that from the time he was a teeny baby snuggled into out=r necks when we sang to him and he sang along. CAN'T WAIT to have you all closer! We'll have to start the search for the just right piano and drum teachers.